It’s that time of the year when marketers start to plan for 2020, agencies are ramping up for event and award season, budgets are getting tighter and companies want content that converts. Well, low and behold, we’ve put together all the stats on why video is important to your marketing strategy and the reasons how and why it can convert customers, engage employees and help you make an impact for your business and brand along with the stats to prove it. Go ahead, steal all the stats you want to inform that strategy!
- The average portion of viewers remaining by the end of a video is 46%, 60% of viewers will stop watching videos after 2 minutes. VideoGuru
According to Neil Patel, the longer your video, the lower its retention. Make sure to keep your content short and include the call-to-actions in the first few seconds to the video.
If you want more tips on how to increase your video engagement, click here.
- 75% of business executives watch work-related videos at least weekly.Forbes
It is important that you keep your videos professional as they could bring partnership or other business opportunities. Not sure how? Check out 5 Hacks to Create Professional Videos on Budget.
- Using the word “‘video”’ in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19%, increases click-through rates by 65% and reduces unsubscribers by 26%.Syndacast
Always make sure to include “‘video”’ and other related keywords to your business in the titles, descriptions, captions, etc.
- Video in an email leads to 200-300% increase in click-through rates.HubSpot
Make sure to add videos for your email marketing campaigns for an impact!
- 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound. DigiDay .and 80% more people watched a video to completion when subtitles were included.AdWeekUse apps like Subly to add subtitles to your videos so you don’t miss out on capturing the majority of an audience.
- The middle of the week is the most popular for B2B video views, with Tuesday between 7AM-11AM PST (10AM-1PM EST) seeing the highest number of views. IMPACT
Do some research on what time does your company receives the most engagement on each platform.
- Businesses in high tech and professional services tend to publish new videos on a monthly basis, with a high percentage of videos under 120 seconds in length.IMPACT
See what your competitors are doing and try to learn from their strategy. Keep in mind that your competitors are publishing new videos every month, you might want to replicate a similar strategy and boost viewership of your brand.
- 90% of customers say video helps them to make buying decisions and 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video.HubSpot
- Including a video on a landing page can increase conversion rates by 80%. Unbounce
- Video posts on Facebook have 135% greater organic reach than photo posts. Social Media Today
- People spend 3 times longer watching a live social video compared to one that has been pre-recorded. Social Media Today
Going live is a good way to engage with your customer or audience.
- Top three most effective types of video content:; Customer testimonials (51%);, Tutorial videos (50%);, Demonstration videos (49%).Curata
- 89% of views of business-related videos take place on desktop browsers.Brand Minds
- 58% of video views are performed on Chrome. Brand Minds
- 92% of mobile video consumers share videos with others.
- Mobile makes up 40% of the global watch time on YouTube. Variety
Always make sure that your websites and content are mobile-friendly.
- 95% of consumers retain information communicated through video, while only 10 percent retain information from reading. Forbes
- 41% increase in traffic when companies include video in their content strategies compared to others who don’t. Forbes
- One billion hours of videos are watched on YouTube every day. HubSpot
- 400 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute. HubSpot
I think we’ve convinced you video is the way to go!
Want to know more about how you can increase conversions and engagement for your brand? Make sure you head on over to Subly.