We make all content simple, by automatically transcribing, translating and adding subtitles in any language. So creators and businesses can create content with no editing skills, and can focus on what they do best, creating and sharing more content that people love.
Founded in 2019, more than 50,000 creators and 4,000 businesses trust Subly to help content reach further and faster. It’s our mission to empower every creator and organisation to maximise their content, enabling everyone to access subtitled and translated content.
As a UX designer (6-month fixed-term contract) you will support Subly’s success by understanding the user’s needs and translating these into innovative design. You will collaborate with various teams, including Product, Marketing, and Engineering, to define solutions with prototypes, mockups, flows or other appropriate frameworks. The UX Designer will also plan, and conduct user testing activities to ensure solutions are fully functional and delight the user. We place a strong emphasis on the role of UX designers, we want you to feel empowered to take risks, challenge the norm and think creatively. Have the freedom to come up with ideas to shape our mission, and create the best in class products and applications.
- Act as the user-advocate during the product development process, designing engaging, user-centered solutions utilising best practice UX methodologies including user + market research, customer interviews, production ideation, pitching and working with delivery teams.
- Integrate UX design into a fast-paced agile development environment - product releases happen in short iterations.
- Create and maintain a visual style guide to ensure the user experience is visually and functionally consistent across all product areas.
- You should have a design portfolio for a range of products (platform, system, web, mobile app), demonstrating your ability to understand the user needs and translate these to create wireframes, flow charts and final designs.
- Strong skills with graphics + prototyping software including Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision or similar programs.
- Good understanding of HTML/CSS & current web technologies, including responsive/mobile design.
- Comfortable with technology, with the ability to discussion solutions with a technical team
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to influence stakeholders + peers
- Comfortable in a start-up environment: at times it can be fast-paced + ambiguous
We are a small, but mighty, globally distributed team. We empower you to work autonomously and take ownership by giving you the flexibility and freedom to integrate your life and work. This is a six month fixed-term, maternity leave contract.