At Subly, we create products to make it easier for creators and businesses to edit videos so they can focus on creating their content. Our mission is to empower individuals and businesses to share and communicate their ideas and products in an easy way through video. We’re inspired by the team who work with Subly; talented thinkers wanting to solve big problems, amazing culture and incredible growth trajectory - we want to change the world one video at a time.
We started in November 2018 with a simple problem, we needed to add subtitles to Linkedin and Instagram videos and there wasn’t an easy way to do it. Since then, we’ve built a team in Sydney and London, have over 3,000 brands, creators and agencies using our product. And we’ve only achieved 1% of what we are expected to…
Subly’s entire mission revolves around helping others to communicate as fast as they create, and the product is central to how easily anyone can do this. An exceptional product is critical to the success and to deliver on our mission.
As a Developer at Subly, it’s your mission to create tools and applications that make it easier for ordinary individuals, brands and agencies to create and edit videos and help them get more exposure for their ideas and businesses through using closed captions and subtitles. We place a strong emphasis on the role of developers; willing to take risks, push products quickly -- so we can test and learn, come up with ideas to shape our mission, and create the best in class products and applications. This means Developers are involved from the start, developing the vision and ensuring we deliver an exceptional experience so customers come back time and time again.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, multi-tasker, and demonstrated team-player. You will be a lead developer responsible for the development of new features and enhancements to existing product. You should excel in working with large-scale applications and frameworks and have outstanding communication and leadership skills.
- Your number one responsibility is to make the business successful.
- You would be in charge of the backend system and scalability, performance and security of our Infrastructures and api.
- Develop, configure, deploy, maintain, and monitor the Dev/QA/Staging/Production environments and applications.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot system and application issues.
- Work with diverse technical and non-technical teams including Engineering, QA, Security, Customer Support, and Product teams.
- Write and update systems / application documentation.
- You are a key player in designing our future systems.
At Subly we have built our backends using Node and Typescript and run them on AWS.
Some of the experience you will bring to the team include:
- Experience in a senior role using Node and Typescript
- Knowledge of using AWS platforms
- Setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Strong and enthusiastic technologist, able to demonstrate a broad technical knowledge
- Clear focus on the Stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
Who you are
- You are a detail-oriented, result-driven and team player individual who aims to make the business successful.
- Experience of over 7+ years as a senior software developer ideally within a start-up or corporate
- Proven ability to work with technical teams to understand the feasibility from a technical perspective
- A start-up and entrepreneurial mindset
- Goal-driven and agile, comfortable applying enterprise level technical capabilities in a rapidly scaling startup environment
- Strong planning and time management skills
- Demonstrated initiative, lateral thinking and a proactive approach to work
- Fast working, detail-oriented, and thoughtful.
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced dynamic environment and adapt
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- It would be great if you could work in the BST/UTC+1 timezone.
- Sounds like you? Then get in touch, we would love to meet you.
- Equity options.
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- Work-from-home or coworking spaces
- Work with Teams in London, Amsterdam and Sydney