Our idea is to help creators make their content engaging, inclusive, global, and accessible. We do that by offering a time-saving tool that makes transcription, translation, and subtitling a 5-minute task. Our users can improve their content even with no editing skills, and can focus on what they do best - creating content worth sharing.
Founded in 2019, with over 100,000 registered users, we thrive in the world of online content. It's our mission to empower every creator and organisation to make the most of their content, sharing it with people all over the world, breaking language barriers and more.
Subly is looking for an experienced Front End Developer with Back End knowledge/experience, to join our growing team. We have grown to more than 100,000 users and it’s time to innovate further using new technologies. The Ideal candidate wants to be part of a growing technology team building various frontend and backend systems. This role requires someone with the passion for startups and ability to work as part of a small, but growing team.
Reporting to the Head of Product and Head of Engineering you'll be expected to assess where the technology is today and make suggestions for improvements. You'll also be involved in sprint meetings to determine specific outputs based on our current roadmap. You can view our public roadmap here.
- Develop, maintain and enhance our primary product
- Actively participate and contribute to the daily scrum and sprint planning meetings
- Continuous improvement of our existing frameworks
- Continuous Integration
- Explore new technologies and pick up new skills on live projects
- Developing our back-end systems for the Subly platform
- Work on a cross-functional team with other front and back-end developers.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to build efficient and reusable systems.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience as a Front End and/or Full Stack Engineer with primary skills in React, Typescript, and secondary mid-level skills in the back end (Node.js and Postgres). Agile / Scrum / Continuous Integration / TDD
- Experience with common Agile management software products - Git / Github / Jira
- Experience with AWS Cloud is considered a strong plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated track record of creating and building prototypes from the start or very early stages of the software life cycle.
- Upper-intermediate level of spoken and written English